When we are living authentically we love ourselves, are in touch with our soul and are living from the truest part of ourselves. Our lives are in flow, we attract the people and life situations to us almost effortlessly and we continue to want to grow and expand. The issue is that most of us have trouble even knowing who we are are and might be acting and reacting from past beliefs, patterns and behaviors that we possibly don’t even believe any more much less want to be living from. There are many ways to connect to your soul and begin to live the life of your dreams.
1) Learning about the Chakra System. Working your way through each of the seven main chakras are an excellent way to check and adjust yourself to live to your highest potential and to be authentic to your core.
I talk in depth about each chakra in my book “A Short Path to Change: 30 Ways to Transform Your Life” because our chakra system is truly our inner diagnostic system. For those not familiar with the chakra system – I will give a very brief overview. Chakras are wheels of energy that are located along the spine from the root (First Chakra) located at the base of the spine to the Crown (Seventh Chakra) at the top of your head. They are the same colors as the rainbow going up and while Western medicine does not acknowledge them in its medical system Eastern and many other medical systems are based on them. Tuning into the chakras is an excellent way to know where you are reacting/acting from and what areas of your life can possibly use a little tweaking so you can live more authentically and be your best self. A couple of examples would be our core beliefs at our root chakra which come from our “tribe”, family of origin and collective consciousness. In recognizing if you believe what people may have told you about yourself or about life in general you can begin to tap into what your truth is and edit it to what you want utilizing the power of the charkas. Our 5th chakra (Throat Chakra) is all about our truth, speaking it, walking it, hearing other people’s truths. If this is overactive we may feel we need to talk ourselves up, talk too much while if it is under-active we might have fear of speaking up or speaking our truth. Getting in touch with our chakras and developing tools to bring them into balance is priceless in being our authentic self.
2) An Internal House Cleaning. We need to get rid of the old to adopt new healthy habits and stand in our truth. Do we tell ourselves things we don’t even believe about ourselves and limit our potential? There are many areas of our life we need to look at in order to truly get through to our soul. Some are how we talk to ourselves, including the negative self-talk we might be very used to. We need to be able to offer ourselves forgiveness and to learn how to forgive others so we are not living from the past or a resentful space. We also need to look at the influences around us, the people we surround ourselves with, the media, the clutter or airiness of our home and office. It is also helpful to notice our fears and worries and what triggers them so we can be living from a place of empowerment versus a place of fear. In noticing some of the unhealthy patterns and behaviors it sheds light on them and enables us to move through them to create something new. Doing this in a loving nature is highly encouraged. Some patterns may have been in place for years, possibly decades but might only take days or weeks to begin to see changes being made. Every small step is the be rewarded which leads to the next step.
3) Self Love. In order to live authentically from our hearts we must feel worthy. We are not taught how to love ourselves and most people will consider themselves their own worst enemy instead of their greatest cheerleader. If we love ourselves and are confident we can step into who we are with grace and not with self judgment and self criticism. Okay, well at least with less of it! Know that in this process there might be days that it is tougher to do this that others – it is okay we are human, “this too shall pass.” In this space, we know we are doing our best and in living from our heart we give ourselves permission to live authentically, to trust, to be vulnerable and to move forward with confidence. When we love ourselves we know our self-worth and attract people and circumstances that reflect that love and self-worth. It is an empowered space to live from and we know that it is much healthier for us to be kind and loving to ourselves then to spend endless time beating ourselves up about anything that has happened. We treat ourselves as we would a good friend and feel able to meet people with a smile from our hearts and soul.
4) Gratitude. Gratitude is two fold as it is gratitude for things just as they are in our life right now including people, places and circumstance. Gratitude is also happiness and appreciation for yourself! When we appreciate what our circumstance we are giving energy to it and we are allowing that goodness to expand further. The same is true for ourselves. We can harp on about something we feel we said or did wrong for hours, days and sometimes even much longer than that. But when was the last time you gave yourself a pat on the back for even one thing you have done and been in that state for more than 10 seconds? Showing gratitude to yourself is a good way to get that self love flowing! We all love to be shown gratitude and we love giving to others – when we give that gratitude to ourselves it can feel uncomfortable at first but soon you will feel a deep glow from the center of your chest – your soul is thanking you for noticing what a wonderful person you are!
5) Presence. To live authentically we must be present. If we are living from past programs or living from future worries or concerns we are not living in the total space and truth of who we are. In the present moment life is usually just fine. We can find peace in the present moment and turn inward to receive guidance. There are many ways to begin to notice if you are present and to bring you the present moment. Getting quiet and saying some affirmations about how you want to be or feel is one. Affirmations such as “I live authentically” and “I live from my heart” are a couple that will get you feeling empowered. You may also like to try one of the many different kinds of meditations to get centered or begin to practice some energy work. Being in the moment and paying gratitude for yourself and the wonderful things and people in your life is also another way to bring yourself to the present moment. The more time we take to quiet our minds and bring ourselves to the present moment the more of a habit it becomes. We begin reacting and living from the now, from our heart – the place that is truly authentic and love.
The above steps are ones I feel necessary to live a truly authentic life. I give exercises on how to reach these spaces in my book and this is a constant process in my own life as well as those of my clients. The key is being loving with yourself along the way and knowing you are doing the best you can in this moment. Give yourself some inner hugs and gratitude for wanting to live your most authentic life. It is a wonderful gift you are offering not only yourself but the world around you! In doing so, you will be an inspiration for others to do the same.
I am passionate about helping my clients discover their unlimited potential and power. I help them release blocks and restrictions to move onto the next stage of their life with confidence. I treat each client as the most important person – because they are. I have learned how to help empower people and to remember that we are all self healing. My passion for the possibilities of healing has led to me writing over 200 articles as well, becoming an alternative healing practitioner, writing my ebooks and having my first book “A Short Path to Change: 30 Ways to Transform Your Life” published by Llewellyn Publishing on January 8, 2016.
In healing myself of several chronic illnesses and dis-eases as well as chronic pain my life shifted and my spiritual journey began. I suddenly knew at my core things were not as I had been told. I had been to many doctors over 7 years and all of them said I would not be getting better. Yet in 3 short weeks I had healed myself of all of my symptoms. I was intrigued and knew there was a whole lot more I did not know or understand about how I was suddenly well. I also had such an urge to scream from the rooftops to all the diseases support groups and doctors I had been to, “yes — it is possible to heal from these diseases”.
My wanting to share led to my diving in to learn all I could and writing my ebook and articles. If I was going to learn about this I wanted to learn and study every day if I could. I began to study about personal development and alternative healing techniques. Through a series of synchronistic events I found forms of healing that resonated deeply within me that I now practice. I never expected myself to be a “healer” and in fact am not fond of the word – since it is more about the person opening up to their own healing rather than me doing to for them. We are all self-healing. After healing my life took continued to open up.
In gathering information on articles to write I would add books to my Amazon wish list randomly. I received a bunch of books from my father on Mother’s Day and one of them was “The Reconnection” by Dr. Eric Pearl. I had not remembered adding it to my wish list but the moment I touched it I could not let go of it – literally – I carried it around with me even after I had finished reading it – YEP it was WEIRD. Reading it had me feeling ENERGY in my body for the first time in my life. Synchronistically I had a Soul ReAlignment session done 2 weeks previously and had been told I would be a gifted energy healer. This did not even come into my consciousness with my obsession with the book – all I knew was I had to know more. After getting re-connective healing work done on me and going to a seminar I was hooked.
After the Re-connective Healing seminar I asked a close friend who lived in a different state if I could practice distance healing on her – after one session her years of pain disappeared. I began my own private practice and never cease to be amazed (7 years later) at what occurs and what the results might be. This work led to my intuition and psychic abilities opening up and a curiosity to know at a deeper level where the information was coming from. I soon completed my Soul ReAlignment Level One Training and if I had thought the distance work blew my mind – WOW – I was in for another HUGE awakening.
In Soul Re-Alignment I am allowed to access the Akashic Records (the record of all of our lives and each thought, emotion and occurrence in it). I get to see who the person is at soul level and my clients resonate deeply with the information. I also look at what blocks and restrictions are keeping my client from advancing on their spiritual path with ease and am able to clear them so that they may move forward in flow. This work always blows my mind. A very common reaction to a reading is someone saying “but this sounds almost exactly like my life now”. Yep, there are lessons we are meant to learn and sometimes from different angles. It is affirming to the client to understand this at such a deep level.
It has been over five years of me doing both Soul ReAlignment work (I have taken Soul ReAlignment 2 and Soul ReAlignment for Business) and learning all I can about energetic and informational healing. I have studied some Shamanism and have read many books on energy work. I use all of my skills including my Bachelors Degree in Psychology from Penn State University when I have a session with someone. It is a very intuitive process and no two sessions ever look the same. I have helped over a thousand people over the last 7 years.
What does my life look like since healing myself? Well, I am a mom of 2 wonderful children who I can now keep up with (MOST of the time). I am in a wonderfully supportive and loving relationship which I am grateful for every day! I was in a belly dance troupe for a few years (after being told I would never dance again). I have an alternative healing/coaching practice that keeps me busy, in awe and excited. I have had many “terminally ill” clients with cancer that wind up healing. I see what some would call “miracles” very often and am always in awe and honored to do the work I do. My first book ‘A Short Path to Change: 30 Ways to Transform Your Life” will be published, January 8, 2016 by Llewellyn Publishing. I am currently working on products and workshops so I can work with more than one person at a time. I met someone who I consider “the man of my dreams” and am loving our life as it unfolds together. I enjoy life and am excited for all it continues to offer me.
It has taken me a while to trust my intuition as a healer and to step into that role. Considering I do not like the word “healer” – it’s been even more challenging. For more on this read my article “What is Illness?”. I have helped many people get in touch with their own intuition and healing powers. I, too was ill and know what it was like to feel like I had nothing but limitations ahead of me. I know this is not the way we are meant to live. We are meant to live a life full of joy, empowerment and awe.
It would be an honor to help you discover that in yourself. Please visit my testimonials page and services page and feel free to contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 607-437-7867 to set up an appointment.